Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Here comes Peter Cottontail

I don't have cravings very often, so when I do, I try to indulge them.
Recently I've had jelly beans on my mind. And what better time to dream of jelly beans, but on the cusp of spring, when Easter is just around the corner?
My cravings are rather specific, though. What I have a hankering for is some Jelly Belly assorted jelly beans, AND some plain old Brach's jelly beans like I used to get in my Easter basket every year. My dad and I were one of the only few who would even eat the black ones.
Jelly beans are not something I would have thought one should inspect for country of origin, but apparently this is now the case. While trying to determine if the Brach's jelly beans (which were labeled "Classic" and "Jelly Bird Eggs") I saw at CVS this weekend were the variety I remembered from childhood, my husband noticed a made in Mexico tagline on the bag.
Inspecting a few other brands, some of them were not clearly labeled. We did find some Russell Stover jelly beans that looked very similar to the Brach's I remember, and they were labeled made in USA.
I'm going to give the Russell Stover brand a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment